Jacobs Undergraduate Mentoring Program (JUMP)
The Jacobs Undergraduate Mentoring Program is a community of engineering students (both undergraduate and graduate) and alumni, who provide support, advice, guidance, and experience to all members.
First JUMP All-Groups Meeting for the Academic Year 2014-2015!
Benefits of Participating in JUMP:
- Ease the transition from high school or community college to UCSD, or undergraduate to graduate school
- Mentorship and positive role models at multiple levels: from peers, graduate students, and alumni
- Networking and guidance from engineering professionals and alumni
- Tour local companies
- Professional and career development through interaction with post docs and faculty
- Be part of a community!
Unique Mentoring Structure:
- Ladder/Pyramid structure within fields of study
- Underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) are paired with upperclassmen (junior or senior), who are then matched with a graduate student, forming a "mentor group"
- Online Facebook component with dedicated "e-mentor"
- Attend two large group meetings per quarter: in addition to the opportunity to interact with other mentors and mentees, each meeting has a theme which may include networking with alumni, faculty interaction, getting involved in research, etc.
- Meet casually with your mentor group regularly
- Prompt response and communication with your mentoring group
- Attendance at any RSVPed events such as company tours, reception with alumni
JUMP is now full for 2014-15. Fill out this form to be placed on our waitlist.
If you have any questions about JUMP, please contact JUMP Coordinators Eugene Sato and Mukanth Vaidyanathan at email@example.com.